Monday, November 12, 2007

Getting Organized = Flying

Yesterday, I received an email from a woman who had read my post about being a Packrat. She wrote to tell me that she could relate and that she, too, wanted to take back her house. I don't know why I didn't think of this before, but while I was reading her email, I was reminded of The FlyLady. I had belonged to her Yahoo group, the FlyLady Mentors, years ago. During that time, my house was at its most organized. I rejoined the group this morning, hoping it will help me in my quest to regain control of this house.

The FlyLady is understanding and encouraging. She teaches you to get organized by developing routines, and by doing it in little steps. She says, "Keep in mind that your home did not get this way overnight and it is not going to get clean in a day." I also like that she tells you to jump in anytime, "You are not behind - you are just getting started!"

I'm going to give this another shot. It worked out well last time and I think I'm more determined this time. So, in the words of the FlyLady, "Let's Fly!"

No comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...