Thursday, December 13, 2007

Christmas quilling

I've been busy finishing up some Christmas quilling and I thought I'd take a few minutes this morning and post a few pictures. These are ornaments that I made. Since they're ornaments, they're the same on each side.

This poinsettia is 5 layers when all is said and done.

Rudolph is decked out with poinsettias, a bell, and a red swarovski crystal nose that doesn't show up well in this photo, but sparkles quite nicely in real life! He also has a touch of white on his tail.

I wanted to give Mr. Snowman a corncob pipe and a carrot nose, but these ornaments were made to go into cards so they couldn't be TOO thick, so he had to be a non-smoker and his nose, like his eyes and mouth is made of coal. But his scarf, which you can't see here, is fringed, and has a nice curve to it.

Santa was shone in an earlier post. Here he is again to show how I did the cards. Nothing complicated - just mulberry paper that has gold strands throughout used as a background. I have this paper in green, red, and white - I used the best color for each ornament. I tied a long ribbon and looped it over the top, attached it using "Wackytac," which is similar to "GlueDots." This way the receiver can easily remove it, shorten the ribbon, if desired, and hang on their tree.

4 comments:

Angie(quillysilly) said...

Quilling!! How fabulous! This is where my name comes from. Several years ago I sold my quilled goodies on ebay and thus my name!! everyone always asks me and then the next question is " umm..what's quilling??" Thanks for stopping by my blog!

Angie

Pat de Verre said...

Hello Toni,
thank you for your visit. You said that your son is living in France. Where exactly? This OWOH is really a great opportunity to meet new friends and to know different artistic media.
Read you soon
Pat

CREATIVEGoddess said...

You've really would have enjoyed the German Christmas Markets that included their quilling.

Baukje said...

Brilliant what a beautiful creations you make Quillig I love your work!
Greetings Baukje

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...