Thursday, May 8, 2008

Back from Art & Soul


I had SO much fun and I learned SO much this year at Art & Soul!! Pictures of my projects will be coming as soon as I get everything unpacked. Last year, I didn't finish anything in any class. This year, I finished my projects in every class! I'm not sure what the difference was - the types of classes I took, the help of the instructors, some instructors had assistants, my attitude... Whatever it was, I came away with actual completed projects - WooHoo!

But, more than the projects, I came away with a grand time spent with friends. And, boy! did we have some FUN! We stayed up way too late, and drank way too much every night! and we laughed and we laughed! Last year, a bunch of us formed a group called the Lounge Lizards - you can figure it out - we had a private party the first night. What a blast! One night, the hotel manager told us that we could stay in the lounge, but we had to "quiet down." When the management tells me, at my age, to "quiet down," it might be a cue that it's time to go on to bed! By the end of the week, we had some new inductees into the Lounge Lizards, including one of the bartenders! We are a very cool group, indeed! AND, a very tired group this week! I am much too old to party like this for this many days!

Back to my classes... everything I took this year was way outside my box - different from anything I've ever done before. I was a bit intimidated in some classes at first, but once we got started, I had so much fun and I learned so much. And I learned that I can do just about anything I set my mind to do - a pretty cool feeling. And, my instructors were all just fantastic! They were so good at sharing their knowledge with us, teaching us about their art, helping us to learn the little tricks of their trades. When I post the photos of each of my projects, I'll go into more detail about this.

That's all for now. I still have to unpack...

7 comments:

Erin said...

Sounds like a very very fun and fulfilling weekend. And it also sounds like you have a great group!

Rue said...

Hi Toni :)

Thank you so much for coming by!

It sounds like a fun weekend indeed ;)

rue

Jane @ What About Mom? said...

Does sound like fun, Toni. I'm jealous! Can't wait to hear what you learned. Just about every artistic endeavor is outside of my box!

Amy said...

It's TRUE!

I'm Toni said...

Amy, you know it! Cuz you were there! it IS true! Photos coming soon!

hugs, girlfriend!
toni

cookie said...

Hi Toni,

I'm stopping by and saying hello. Inquiring minds are looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Hugs,

Lucy

cookie said...

Hi Toni,

I'm stopping by and saying hello. Inquiring minds are looking forward to hearing about your trip!
Hugs,

Lucy

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...