Wednesday, July 9, 2008

My Bucket List




Apparently, I wasn't the only one to watch the movie, The Bucket List, the other night. The Apron Queen was so inspired that she has started a neme centered on the theme. By writing up your own Bucket list and linking back to hers, you can enter to win some vintage aprons. How cool is that?

Jack Nicholson is a rich guy - owns the hospital, even - and is rooming with Morgan Freeman, just a regular guy. They both have cancer with only a short time left to live. Sounds like a depressing movie, right? Well, it has a few sad moments, but it's also very funny. These two guys become good friends - predictable because it IS a movie, but it's still worth watching. Morgan Freeman starts writing his Bucket List - things he wants to do before - yeah, before he kicks the bucket. Jack Nicholson gets in on it, and the list gets longer, and they actually decide to try to do the things on the list.

While watching it, I can't help but think, what would be on my list? Some things are going to be on there, no matter what: See my son happily married, see my grandchild(ren). But what else? What are the things that I've always wanted to do? Realistically, of course. Unrealistically, I'd like to win a gazillion (it is too a word!) and share it with everyone I know that needs a little help. But, the lottery doesn't go that high, and I don't seem to be lucky where it's concerned. Anyway, here are a few things I'd like to do sometime in this lifetime:


Take a hot air balloon trip
Run a 10k (and be in good enough shape to finish!)
Visit Alaska
Visit Napa Valley
Visit the Scandinavian countries
Spend a month at the beach
Spend a month in the mountains


That's the list for now. But it can, and probably will, change over the remainder of my life.

What about you? Besides winning a gazillion dollars, what would you want to do?

7 comments:

The Apron Queen said...

Wow! What a fun list! Can I tag along?! :D

For your daily dose of vintage goodness & a bit of silliness, stop by Confessions of an Apron Queen

James said...

Hmm... let's see, I would like to travel around the world, go to places I've never been to, and experience fun things I have not tried yet... :D That, however, is just 0.00001% of my real Bucket list :D

Mistress of the Post said...

I made a list like this a few yaers ago, before the movie. I have added to it and crossed things off like learning to SCUBA and crochet. I also have hot air balloon ride on my list, which may happen tomorrow as there is a hot air balloon festival here. They offer tethered rides. Though I would like to travel somewhere in one, I think tethered will be a great start! Good luck to you!

Jane @ What About Mom? said...

Love all the travel on this list. I'm in!

Muthering Heights said...

Ooooo, a month at the beach...that sounds great!

Cookie Sunshine said...

I'm calling all of my girlfriends together and asking for a bit of help. This has to do with my Mother and her nursing home issue. Please visit my blog and if you have the time I hope you will send an email. The note is a bit lengthy, the this is an emergency to help my Mother!! I'm hoping my girlfriends will unite!

Thanks VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!
Cookie

Cookie Sunshine said...

I'm calling all of my girlfriends together and asking for a bit of help. This has to do with my Mother and her nursing home issue. Please visit my blog and if you have the time I hope you will send an email. The note is a bit lengthy, the this is an emergency to help my Mother!! I'm hoping my girlfriends will unite!

Thanks VERY, VERY MUCH!!!!
Cookie

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...