Sunday, September 28, 2008

PhotoHunt of the Week: View

Join

I just discovered this weekly blogging meme, and since photography is one of my many hobbies, I thought I'd join right in. It's actually supposed to be posted on Saturday, but I didn't find it until today, so this week I'm posting a day late. This may not be the only week that I post a day late, either. Who knows, some weeks I may post a couple of days late. The blogging sheriffs may have to come shut me down or fine me or whatever happens when we don't follow the meme rules. Hey, I'm trying here, ok? It's all good - really.

So, this meme has a theme every week, and the theme this week is view. The photo I'm posting is the view through the window of my breakfast nook. Did you ever wonder why it's called a nook? Anyway, I was watching the cats - there is a tiny bit of black just below the birdbath - circling each other, while the hummingbirds seemed to be oblivious. I grabbed my camera and shot a couple of pics. I caught this hummer (red arrow) in flight. I knew if I'd stepped outside, everyone would have scampered. But it came out pretty well considering that it was taken through a window and a screen.


4 comments:

sho said...

that must b quite a moment. kitty's waiting for a treat?

lucy said...

Welcome to Photo hunt. Don't worry about when you post...just post! Cats and birds not such a great mix. Nice entry! Would love to share my 'view' with you!

Victor Kiu said...

Wow, I hope i can enjoy such a nice view from my window too!!

Enigma said...

An interesting view, both for you and the kitty!! Thanks for sharing and a great post for your first time. Welcome to PhotoHunt!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...