Saturday, October 18, 2008

PhotoHunt of the Week: Family



The theme of the week is: Family.

This wasn't as easy as I thought it would be. My first choices were photos of my son and husband, but I thought that was so typical. So I thought about what family means to me besides my husband and my son. It means many things - my in-laws are family to me. And, of course, my brother and sister are family, and I have some friends that feel like family. But deep down, when I think of family and home, I think of these people.


This is my family - my parents, sister, brother, grandparents, aunts and uncles, and cousins. The photos were taken in my aunt and uncle's backyard in Bladenboro, N.C. Our family has changed since these photos in 1966. Sadly, our grandparents and our parents are no longer with us. Most of us have married and had children, and some of our children have had children. But, we have a lot of memories of times spent together that will never be forgotten. And that's what family is all about - the fond memories that warm your heart.

5 comments:

Valtool said...

great choices

FickleMinded said...

what a family treasure!

Tammy said...

What a beautiful choice for this week's PH theme! A wonderful family keepsake!

Mrs Mecomber said...

I had a tough time at first, too. But once I got going, I couldn't stop! I have some very vintage photos up for my Photo Hunt today! I hope you can get a chance to see and leave your link.
http://newyorktraveler.net/photo-hunters-family/

kids toys said...

:) Nice! Thanks for sharing this.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...