Tuesday, November 4, 2008

Heads or Tails: Gaurd



Heads or Tails is a weekly meme hosted by Skittles. This is my first week participating.

The prompt for today is: Guard

You can easily see who the guard is around here - Tucker, our Corgi-mix - mixed with what is the million dollar question! When he first came to live with us, we thought he might not be able to bark because we never heard him make a sound for several months. We taught him to "speak" for treats, but he still didn't really bark. Then he made a "hello" kind of howl one day when we came home. We got pretty excited and made all over him about it. Since then, he's been barking. Not a lot - mostly just when UPS or FedEx or the garbage trucks come by. I guess his previous owners must have taught him to never bark and once he realized that we weren't going to fuss if he did, he decided it was okay. We love hearing his special "hello" bark when he's happy to see someone.

Here he is guarding the house.



And he's not going to let anyone get my rusty wabbit!


Don't even think about touching this car!

6 comments:

Typette said...

Heya!! I just came across your blog -- nice reading!

What kind of dog is that? I have a dog that looks very similar, she is a mutt, and we figure she is spitz, lap, pitbull. not sure though :)

Skittles said...

I'm a week late getting here, but I wanted to welcome you to Heads Or Tails!

Your dog is so cute and also a good guard dog :)

DomesticDivasFancy said...

Too cute!

Kerin said...

I am in love with your dog (and your blog)! He is so cool. We have two Min Pins and I'm sure they'd be great buds.

Love the goggles!!

Kerin said...

Whoops! I got so carried away I forgot to mention how I got here. I'm approving your membership to MixedMediaArt.ning.com and followed the link to your blog.

If for some reason that wasn't you please let me know that someone is using your identity.

Thanks!!!

justa.880 said...

I LOVE that smile!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...