Saturday, January 17, 2009

Quilled Labrador Pins


I first posted photos of these quilled Yellow Lab pins back in August, 2007. Somebody saw them posted here, or Flikr, or maybe Webshots - doesn't matter. She liked them enough to ask if I would make a set for her.

It's hard for me to do anything exactly the same way even if I try. I always think I can improve on the the way I did it the first time around. As was the case with these pups. At first glance, you may think they look pretty close, but there are some changes. The major difference is their ears - I made them separately, then attached them on top of the head to give them a bit more depth.

What do you think? Which set do you like better?

11 comments:

Ami said...

They are spectacular!

Paula B. - GemStateMom said...

Toni,
Nice work! I think my preference is the second set - they seem a bit more 'defined' around the mouth/nose area, and I think you captured a good deal more 'expression' in them. Layering the ears was a great touch too!

Storygirl Amelia said...

I have never tried quilling. This is beautiful! For some reason, the 2nd set appeals to me more. Both are excellent though!

Jane @ What About Mom? said...

They both look great to me, and I would prefer either to a real live pet!

Custom Quilling said...

Wonderful attention to the details, the layered ears gave them more depth.
We had a black lab while in college, so I can totally relate!

Keep on Quillin',
Denise
http://www.customquillingbydenise.com/shop
http://customquilling.blogspot.com

Sirona Jewelry™ said...

How gorgeous! I hadn't heard of quilling, so I checked the net and found a demonstration. How lovely. I actually like both sets. They're both distinctive.

~debbie said...

Surely you jest! How could one choose? They're both just lovely!

Jeanne Rhea said...

Love these. You are so good with this quilling! I can't imagine working so tiny.

Sonya said...

Love the dogs, but then, I love dogs! How do you back your quilling for these pins? It gives the quills more depth? I like the 2nd set because the ears are layered and look more realistic. Great job. Keep on quilling!

Mark said...

It took me a bit to figure out what they were but once I saw it, it was like duh... I think they are both very good, but if I were picking for myself I would pick the second set because of the demension. Very cool.

SUSAN said...

very very amazing....I love it.......they are both look wonderful....wow wow..wow.....

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...