Tuesday, January 18, 2011

What's Shakin'?


Last week a group of us from the Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild ran off to Sanford for a fun time. First, we attended the Mixed Media Fiber and Quilt Extravaganza, sponsored by the Quilters Gallery, where we saw some of the most unbelievable quilts! And fabric! OMG! fabric, fabric everywhere! I bought so much fabric! and I don't even sew!! I couldn't help it! it was just too hard to pass it up. I saw fabric I knew I would never see again, and I might need it one day. You KNOW what I mean, don't you?? 

Of course, there were other vendors there, too, so I bought a little stuff from the lovelies, Jane and Louise, over at Random Arts, because their booth is full of stuff that I can't live without and I know that when I get home I will kick myself, and say, "Damn! why didn't I buy that pack of holey paper? It's just what I need for this!" So I loaded up on all sorts of ephemera because it may be awhile before I get a chance to replenish my supply. 

That evening we had 2 classes with the Random Arts ladies. Louise McClure started our night with "Floral Fragments". We painted and heated our way to create some lovely floral pins. Wouldn't you be proud to wear these? Maybe not the one I made... I want to try another one, now that I have an idea of what I'm supposed to be doing.

Photo courtesy of D. Sloma
  
Lady Jane Powell then presented her class, "Tattered Bird Collage". This was a lot of fun, no stress. We tore up magazines and created mosaic masterpieces of birds, all kinds of birds! We had some really fun birds, baby birds, even a meat bird! My citrus bird is at the top of this post. We tore paper, we glued it down, we talked, but mostly - we laughed!! It was FUN! Thank you, Jane and Louise, and everyone who attended! 

4 comments:

random notes said...

whoa-check it out!!!!! great job, love your finished piece esp the bright orange color! Look at all those fragments. I will forward this to Louise so she can see the amazing results. wooooo hooooo.

Penny A said...

Great post, Ms T! So glad you are back at it in BlogLand! I, too, thoroughly enjoyed our creative outing with the Random Arts ladies -- already looking forward to next year :-)

Antonella said...

Great to see your work again! Sounds like lots of fun, I wish I was nearby to have gone with you :-)
Hugs, antonella :-)

Electra said...

I love your bird and I really love these flowers!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...