Friday, February 11, 2011

Cabin Fever Reliever


Next week I’ll be heading to the Pocosin Cabin Fever Reliever. What is this, you ask? It’s a 4-day art retreat held in Columbia, NC, which is on the Inner Banks, next to the Outer Banks! – beautiful, even in the winter! 

This retreat is different from others I’ve attended because I’ll be taking ONE class with ONE instructor for the 4 days that I’m there - Jewelry as Personal Adornment taught by Bob Ebendorf.  I’m really excited about learning from this incredible instructor! AND, I’ll be going to places I've never been before with my jewelry making. I’m really excited, and I love that I have four days to practice the new techniques instead of the usual day, or two. Plus, this retreat has open studio time every evening, allowing us to work on our pieces after dinner, if we’re so inclined.  

Besides all this arty goodness, I’ll be there with 2 of my best friends! What could be better than four days of playing with new art - at the beach - while having a slumber party??? We’ve already been planning our drink menus. Did I mention there’s a BYOB happy hour every day? My kind of retreat!


This is where we'll be staying. Obviously, this photo was not taken in February! Even if we have time, don't think we'll be doing any sailing! I just checked the weather forecast and it's supposed to be in the 60's - woohoo! warmer days ahead! but still not warm enough for me to be doing any sailing in that freezing water! I say nay nay!! But it's a beautiful place, don't you think?
  
I hope to have a piece of jewelry worthy of posting when I return. Fingers crossed....

4 comments:

Antonella said...

Good for you!!! I am envious, but so happy that you'll get this chance to work on your jewelry... You'll have to share some of the stuff you make - can't wait!

Hey, are you thinking of going to the NAQGCON this year?

Hugs, antonella :-)

La Dolce Vita said...

sounds like a great time... thanks for stopping by La Dolce Vita, good luck in the draw and I sent you a friend request on FB too! ciao bella!

Penny A said...

*w00t!*

...love that you noted our planning of drink menus - no mention of rabid supply gathering, etc. (hey, girls much have their priorities, right?)

love you bunches!

What's up Duck? said...

Hi again! Thanks for stopping by my blog!
I posted a reply on there then realized blogger doesn't really let you know I reply unless it is on your blog (oh why don't they have a reply function like livejournal or others?).

First off, thanks, both for letting me know you had fun on my blog and for saying I'm cute (cat's don't blush but if I could...)!

I am doing all of this for my human. In fact, she ghost writes occasionally for me (when I'm too busy catnapping) so it was she who found out and decided to travel the blogosphere and post many of the comments with my purrmission.

If my luck wins something I'll get all kinds of extra petting and treats (I did get a whiff of my favorite treat 9 days ago, maybe it's already waiting). I've won giveaways in the past (not related to the event) so everyone calls me lucky ducky, might as well see if my luck holds.

Have a meowy day!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...