Monday, October 10, 2011

Sketchbook Project 2012, Chapter 2



Well, I'm back, and as I said last week, I'm going to show you what I've been doing with my sketchbook. 

Remember, I said that the sketchbook that arrived from the Art House was filled with very thin drawing-type paper, so the first thing I wanted to do was change the paper. I used some nice heavy watercolor paper - this would allow me to do just about anything in my journal. I sewed it, not really knowing what I was doing. The "Sketchy Characters" from  The Carolina Mixed Media Art Guild   held a rebinding workshop, lead by Penny Arrowood , but I wasn't able to attend, so I was forced to wing it on my own. 

Then I wanted to replace the cover. This is what I have right now, but I'm not finished with it - it's definitely a work in progress! As I work on the inside, I'm sure I'll add to the cover.

 After I covered it, I decided to paint the pages.  I was sure it would be easier to start working in my journal if I didn't have all those blank white pages staring at me! 
 



I've been working on a few pages, but it seems that I'm always tweaking! I think I'm done, have moved on, and I'm working on another page, and I come across something that would be just perfect on that last page! so I'm back on that last page for awhile. sigh.... that is the way with these art journals - they are never quite done, are they? 


Here are a couple of the more completed pages, and I'll be showing more along the journey. 




7 comments:

pupton said...

Toni, the sketchbook is looking good! Hope you'll bring it to the meeting this week!

Penny A said...

Looking GREAT! You are ON it -- I look forward to seeing more :)

Odin86 said...

Hi, i think you an expert in this topic... your sketchbook is looking nice - i like it....

*if you buy something, example; coffee or keurig b60, you can read this for your information, because they have a good content for custumer guide..

Linda Bouf said...

Very cool journal. Thanks for showing how.. Linda

Sarah Kim said...

Nice post. I learn something more challenging on different blogs everyday. It will always be stimulating to read content from other writers and practice a little something from their store. I’d prefer to use some with the content on my blog whether you don’t mind. Natually I’ll give you a link on your web blog. Thanks for sharing.
Leathers Athlete

Maria Kelvin said...

Hello my friend! I would like to tell you that this write-up is awesome, great written and include almost all important info. I would like to see a lot more articles like this.
Leathers Craze

William Watson said...

I’m really amazed with your posting skills as well as with the layout on your blog site. Is this a paid style or did you modify it yourself? Either way keep up the pleasant quality writing, it is rare to see a great site such as this one these days.
Fido Markets

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...